[SC.LUG] [Fwd: Re: [ubuntu-uk] Introduction]

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 14 08:00:19 UTC 2009

Hello Mac,

Tim Dobson wrote:

> Their mailing list is active to some degree, unfortunately, I don't know
> anything about meetings.

We haven't had pure LUG meetings for a while - though all it takes is
for someone on the list to say "I will be at place X at time Y for a
meeting" to start one, so if you're interested...

Instead we do join up with other events nearby. E.g. several
LUG members were at the last Stockport Hackspace meeting [1]
& a few of us made it to the Ubuntu launch party in Mcr.

& Tim Dobson previously wrote:
>> I'm from South Manchester, Cheshire, etc.
>> Are people aware of the existence of:
>
> Tim >>> Apologies for contacting you off list unannounced.  You wrote a
> note to the Ubuntu-UK list three or four months ago, mentioning various
> Free Software groups and LUGs in the region.  In particular, you mentioned
>> South Cheshire Lug - http://www.sc.lug.org.uk/
>
> The site has been down a while, and I can't get reliable info about this
> LUG.  Do you know whether it still meets, and if so when, where and how
> often?  If you had any contact details, I'd be grateful for them.

It's not so much down, as ultra minimal ;-)

> Best wishes
>
> mac

  - Richard

[1] Next one is 18 July: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/3073239

--

Richard Smedley           Social Media & Accessible Web for small Orgs
                                           http://GoodGNUs.org/courses

http://twitter.com/RichardSmedley            Sustainable 3rd Sector IT
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richardsmedley
                                      http://identi.ca/richardsmedley/