[SC.LUG] Recommended 'mini' laptop.

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.co.uk
Mon May 25 14:25:23 UTC 2009

I was in the local Staples yesterday and saw an Asus EeePC 900A for ?199
with Intel Atom processor. 1GB RAM and 16GB SSD Hard Drive and a
reassuring penguin next to it. It even comes with a 3 year manufacturer
backed warranty, though Staples offer additional cover for ?69 which may
or may not cover accidents or extend the warranty, you'd have to check.

Their SKU number is 397473, but it isn't on their website.

Sometimes absence from the website can indicate that the item is
'clearance', so as the salesman said, 'buy now to avoid disappointment'.

I hope this helps.

Matthew