[SC.LUG] Recommended 'mini' laptop.

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Mon May 25 16:37:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 05:17:58PM +0100, Lucy wrote:
> > free wireless drivers are available, I haven’t yet got them working
> > satisfactorily on my Eee).
>
> FWIW, I also have the 900 and I've been using the free ath5k wireless

I would be suffering from the problem described on the Debian wiki[1].
I have the AR2425 for which support is apparently a bit rusty (a quick
search also shows people testing it with a bit of a performance hit).  I’ll
wait until they’re a bit more stable.

[1]: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Wifi#AtherosAR242xb.2BAC8-gdrivers
simple system that works.—John Gall