[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [GeekUp] New Group: Northwest Retro (nwRetro)]

Richard Smedley richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Thu Oct 1 12:24:23 UTC 2009

fyi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[GeekUp] New Group: Northwest Retro (nwRetro)
Date: 	Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:57:17 +0100
From: 	Andrew Williams

What is Northwest Retro?

Northwest Retro is a retro computing and gaming user group based in northwest
england, Our aim is to bring together retro computing enthusasts and to
give time and space for people to share knowledge, get hands on with old
technology, and generally talk and discuss topics relating to retro computing.

Whats the current plan?

At the moment we're in the early days of the group, so we've created a basic
site and mailing list and within the next few weeks we'll plan our first meetup.
We'll be looking at holding meetups in Liverpool for the moment.

Why do we need another group?

Discussion about retro computing and gaming has remained within existing, local
tech groups. The groups are usually related to another technological topic
which some retro users maybe unfamiliar with or not interested in. With a
new group with a aim to cover the area it will invite in more users who
generally don't get involved in the local tech scene.

Do you have a website?

Yes, the website is online at nwretro.com[1], at the moment we've got a basic
blog for announcements but we hope to expand this out a little in the future.

Where can I sign up?

Register on the general discussion mailing list[2] and say Hi, or if you don't
want too many emails, sign up on the announcement list[3]. Also, follow the
twitter account[4] which any group news will be posted to.

Please pass this announcement around to anyone who maybe interested.

[1] http://nwretro.com/