[SC.LUG] Hardware Supplies In Stoke

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 14:04:12 UTC 2009

Another useful supplier in Stoke-On-Trent:

Recently I wanted a 1GB DDR2-667 Memory Upgrade, and One Stop Computers didn't
have any. So I adopted Plan B, which involved:

Computer Technology Ltd
Suite 5, Kirklands Business Park
Old Mill Street
Stoke-On-Trent ST4 2AG

They had the required part for £13.35 including VAT. The box was branded
as "Team", but the module was labelled "hynix", which was one of the
Preferred Suppliers for my Asus Motherboard. The equivalent from PC World
would have cost £19.99.

The Computer Technology premises are a bit difficult to find. Old Mill Street
itself doesn't seem to be signposted, and the surrounding roads are cramped.
There's a notice somewhere saying "Kirklands Business Park", but you really
want to think "Old Mill", otherwise you might believe you're in the wrong
area entirely. However if you go down Old Mill Street and turn left at some
galvanized steel railings you see Computer Technology, at the far side of a
small courtyard with some parking space. It might be prudent to reconnoitre
on foot like I did, in case there's some traffic congestion.

The Computer Technology Website reminded me of my ambition to assemble my own
PC some day. I'm not sure whether they stock Thermal Paste and all the other
bits you need, but they do advertize the major components with handy info
about compatibility.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell