[SC.LUG] Eco Computing

Damian Parker creativetux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 09:54:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

Id be guessing that the only power different would be CPU based as all
other components in the system which take up far more juice all all
still neede whichever OS your running.   My personal opinion based
from playing with Gentoo, is that unless you get the linux power
management spot on, so a lot of user playing around. I don't think its
going to make any significant difference.

Obvious things like blank and power down the screen and spin down
HDD's which you can do in any OS are going to be far better power
saving options than CPU.