[SC.LUG] OOo Bug

Lucy lucybridges at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 06:23:19 UTC 2010

On 14 July 2010 09:55, Matthew Tolley <matthew at matthewtolley.co.uk> wrote:
> I recently produced a presentation using OOo Impress on Ubuntu and tested it
> in Slideshow mode, and it worked fine.
>
> However when I delivered the presentation on someone's laptop using
> Powerpoint on Windows, several lines were missing from the bottom of each
> slide, which was embarrassing and meant I had to do much of the talk from
> memory.

Hi Matthew

In  my experience it's going to be difficult, if not impossible, to
create something in OOo that looks identical in MS Office (and vice
versa). Could you use OOo's export to PDF function instead? I've seen
many presentations doing using evince on Linux using PDFs, I'd guess
most Windows machines will be able to do something similar?