[SC.LUG] pdf management

Matthew Tolley matthew at matthewtolley.co.uk
Fri May 21 11:38:30 UTC 2010

On 21/05/10 11:57, Robert Marshall wrote:
> convert (from ImageMagick) should do this nicely, I've not used pdf as an
> input but have generated pdf's from jpg image inputs and it will read pdf's
>
> What format is the extra stuff in?
>
> Robert

Hello all again - 3 great replies within 30 minutes!

Extra stuff will be in spreadsheet and/or text document file produced by
OOo usually.

I have had suggestions for pdfjam, pdfmod, psmerge, pdftk, pdfsam,
pdfshuffler and Convert from ImageMagick. The last one sounds the most
user-friendly for a relatively non-technical person such as myself, but
I will look into these over the next few days - thanks to Robert,
Richard and Eion.

On a separate note, can someone email me if they are (or know someone
who is) prepared to give a little on-site technical assistance to me and
my Ubuntu setup. If so please contact me and let me know your/their rate
accordingly, as I don't mind paying! I live in Biddulph, just South of
Congleton.

Best wishes,

Matthew