[SC.LUG] Hardware Supplier In Stoke

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 13:25:15 UTC 2014

For hardware-oriented types, Computer Technology Stoke On Trent is still
going. They've now moved to: Unit 1, Brownhills Business Park, Canal Lane,
Tunstall, and their Web Site is: www.inernetct.co.uk.

Recently I visited them to buy some cables, and they're still building PCs to
order. I bought a cheap system from them last year, and it's still running
happily. I have a vague ambition to assemble one myself, and they said they
could supply me with all the bits, most importantly the Heat-Conducting Paste
which is essential to avoid your CPU going into meltdown.

Seems to me that your first step in self-assembly is to download the
Motherboard Manual to identify compatible parts, and list of all those
connecting bits you need. Also you need to establish the specifications for
your Case and Power Supply. I checked out the Maplin in Crewe, but I wasn't
impressed. Does anybody have further tips for Self-Build?

Yours truly: Frank Mitchell