[SLUG] Disc and print sharing with XP

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 09:23:16 GMT 2004

>PS, are Microsoft scrapping SMB all together, or just that WINS thing?

Can't answer that one... however, we had successfully connected our Mac
to a Windows 2000 server over SMB (a struggle, but a successful one)...
our boss, in his wisdom decided to upgrade the windows box to Small
(minded) Business Server 2003 and since then, despite struggling, we
cannot connect the mac to it over smb... so perhaps they are pulling the
plug...

We allow the mac user access by ftp over a 2 metre patch cable... what a
waste ffs.

Steve