[sclug] Where to buy cheap HP Omnibook laptops other URLS mentioned at LUG meet

Daniel Lower daniel_lower at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 14:19:15 UTC 2003

Hiya,

FYI People keep asking where my laptop comes from well it's

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/

and the URL for the other Linux magazine is:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/

Which had interesting articles on Spam-Assasin, DVD Burning, Wireless
networks and stuff.

Also Leon mentioned Freevo as opposed to Tivo which might be a fun
project for someone to put-together:

http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

I asked about backups Simon Heywood mentioned rdiff-backup bit like
rsync except with files of changes so you can retrieve a backup on
any date.

http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/

There was also talk of games because of problems with Unreal 2003 on
Linux.

http://www.linuxgames.com/
http://www.happypenguin.org/ Linux game Tomb

The evening finished with a heated debate on whether it would be
possible to write to cdroms as we do a floppy or a hd.

Well after a little looking this guy is working on CD R/W interface
at kernel level.

http://www.advogato.org/person/axboe/

interesting packet-writing new technology:
http://packet-cd.sourceforge.net/

Enjoy,

=====
Email: daniel_lower at yahoo.com