[sclug] Re: sclug Digest, Vol 3, Issue 16

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 30 14:33:18 UTC 2003

PMFBI,

I tried Gentoo (1.4, I think) a few months ago alongside my XP/Mandrake
installations. I used a Gentoo iso from a cover disk which got me as far
as downloading and compiling a basic system into a new partition. The
trouble was that I couldn't get any further - I never did manage to
start it up properly, and in the end I gave up. Pity, because the
portage idea appealed.

Neil Haughton