[sclug] Weapon of choice

Ian Michell ian.michell at hanzi.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 16:16:11 UTC 2003

Interesting that RH does not support AMD64 out the box, it is a shame
really. I have always stuck to Redhat because I am confortable with them
and am satisfied with the quality of their distro, SuSE is good, but I
personally think RH, (Last used SuSE 8), I am not sure what their
enterprise line is like though, then again I am a developer so the idea
of using NTPL in Fedora and RH is a bonus for me as I write a lot of
multithreading applications ;)

The good thing at least is you can use Linux at work, at the moment I am
stuck with WinXP Pro, I have only been here a month and I am sick of XP
already (first time I have used windows full time for more than 2
years). I installed Visio today and the whole system was nackered
afterwards, I havce spent most of the day just trying to get everything
working again.... And I have a deadline to meet too :( I wish I was
using Linux at work, cuz you only realize how crummy something really is
when you leave it, I feel like I am on a rocking boat and have no
control :( and I must say, over the last few years I have taken Linux
for granted, cuz it just does what I want it to, using windows again
gives me renewed appreciation ;)