[sclug] Thanks Will

tim tim at holmes.name
Thu Aug 12 16:00:01 UTC 2004

I think you are right about the XML. It has proved usefull in the past to
send one chunk of XML up to the browser and then use various XSL to show
different views or subsets of the same data to the user. So from that point
of view it is usefull. But not worth the aggro. I had decided to use xmlrpc
and domxml, but could not get the extensions working in PHP, even though I
moved all the .ddls to the right place and uncommented the extensions in
php.ini. It still said xslt_create undefined. So that is your
incompatibility issues I guess. All in all doing it the fancy way does not
seem worth the aggro. So I am going to avoid XML for the moment.
p.s Yes it is on Windows as that is the environment it has to run on
unfortunately.

Tim

Tim Holmes
tim at holmes.name