[sclug] SCLUG Meeting this Wednesday 11 August 2004

Chris Aitken chris at ion-dreams.com
Thu Aug 12 13:19:04 UTC 2004

> Guys
>
> I was wondering if it would be better to meet in a non-pub
> environment ?
> Maybe somewhere where younger people could also attend, and
> maybe somewhere we could setup a network or something ?
> Village halls are very happy to let you use their facilities
> I believe (dunno if they charge or not)
>
> I for one aren't too happy to bring my machine to a pub !
>
> And maybe not reading (what about maidenhead where I live :-)))
>
> Alan 'let's upset everyone on the list' P
>
> And yes I'm definetly old enough to get into a pub !

I think the idea of a bring-a-box meet has been mentioned before. I'd
certainly like to see a BaB meet too, but not at the expense of the pub meet
- but as an extra.

Couldn't get down there yesterday. Left work at 9pm, and had to be in
Loughborough at 9am, so no beer for me :(.

Chris

believed to be clean.