[sclug] RSA SecurID

Matt matt at bodgit-n-scarper.com
Thu Nov 11 01:43:50 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 00:17, Sapan Ganguly wrote:
> This is probably an easy problem to solve for someone with the know
> how.  I would like to to be able to log into my linux machines using a
> SecurID token, since all my users are already in my RSA ACE server it
> seems a little silly to have to create user accounts on all the linux
> machines too.  RSA provide a PAM module but I believe that it still
> requires user accounts to be created on the local linux machine.
>
> Basically I want to do what Winbind from the Samba suite does but with
> an RSA ACE server instead of an NT Domain controller or Active
> Directory.

Never used RSA ACE, but a quick google suggests it has some sort of LDAP
interface, so if you can query it via LDAP, and it has all the necessary
passwd attributes such as uid/gid, home directory, etc. you could
probably run nss_ldap/pam_ldap against it.

If those kind of attributes aren't available in the RSA ACE server, I
can't see how you can use it directly, you have to use something else to
feed the passwd file, one method being the manual creation of the user
accounts.

Matt