[sclug] Sun SPARC help

Neil Owens neil_o at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 20 13:23:24 UTC 2004

I've inherited 2 old SPARC IPX boxes, one of which runs (Debian) just dandy.

The other won't 'boot' through the serial port.  It makes all of the
start-up noises like the working one does, but I don't get any output from
the serial port.  I plugged in a keyboard but 'STOP-A' doesn't do anything.
It's not worth me spending ?20+ on a video adaptor, so

Can anyone lend me a Sun video to 15 pin VGA adaptor so I can see if it's
booting through Video only

Or

Does anyone have any suggestions before I send it to the local dump?

TIA

Neil