[sclug] Sun SPARC help

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 13:34:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Neil Owens wrote:

> I've inherited 2 old SPARC IPX boxes, one of which runs (Debian) just dandy.
>
> The other won't 'boot' through the serial port.  It makes all of the
> start-up noises like the working one does, but I don't get any output from
> the serial port.

IIRC, the serial console equivalent of stop-A is ESC-A, so try typing things
like:

 	CTRL+] a
 	CTRL+Break a
 	CTRL+[ a
 	ESC a
 	CTRL+Esc a

I assume you've set the console to 9600 8,n,1.

www.13w3.com have them for 19GBP, if you get no offers.

> Neil

HTH,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?