[sclug] PCI Wireless adaptors for SUSE 9.0 and kernel updates

Will Dickson wrd at glaurung.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 10:23:54 UTC 2004

Alan Cocks wrote:
> In article <20041125014225.78034.qmail at web25302.mail.ukl.yahoo.com>,
> Major Stuart <stuartmajor at yahoo.co.uk> writes
>
>>Is it difficult to upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2?
>

> Almost without exception the comments have been that upgrades (9.1 to
> 9.2 for example) are possible but a complete new install of 9.2 is
> preferred since there are few(er) problems.

FWIW I'm about to u/g a SuSE 8.2 box to 9.2 - probably today
or tomorrow sometime. I can let you know how it goes if
you're interested. (There are another 5 to go after that
one, so I'm hoping the process is straightforward.)

Again FWIW I've u/g'ed SuSE in the past and it's mostly
worked OK. The big leap would appear to be from Kernel 2.4
to Kernel 2.6: 8.2 is on Kernel 2.4 but IIRC 9.0 is Kernel
2.6 anyway so you've already got past that one.

Regards

Will.