[sclug] Gentoo...

Darren Davison darren at davison.uk.net
Mon Nov 29 00:19:40 UTC 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 20:32, Simon Huggins wrote:

> How does Gentoo deal with security in that case then?  Is it possible to
> say "recompile all the packages with security exploits (and their
> dependencies)"?

security issues are advised through mailing lists and the web site.
Packages requiring recompilation are noted and all vulnerable versions
listed.  There are efforts (nearing completion I believe) to add
functionality to the standard tools that will basically allow you to do
exactly what you suggested.

<http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/index.xml>

Regards,

--