[sclug] Linux Day 2004 details

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Mon Oct 4 22:12:01 UTC 2004

This is a reminder of the local Linux Day event at the University of
Reading this Saturday (9th October). Here's the address:

Common Room
School of Systems Engineering
University of Reading
Whiteknights
Reading RG6 6AX

Time: 11:00 till 17:00 (setting up between 10:00 and 11:00)

The School of Systems Engineering is building number 38 on the campus
map [1]. Car parking will be available in P11 and P12 (indicated on the
same map).

For the benefit of those who were there, it's the same room we used for
the 2002 Install Day. As well as the common room, we'll have use of the
attached seminar room and the drinks bar. Tea and coffee will be
provided if I can manage it, although there are snack machines round the
corner and shops nearby on Shinfield Road.

There will be an Internet connection, either by NAT or proxy, along with
a small amount of network hardware and cabling. There'll also be a DHCP
server. For those of you bringing boxes or other equipment to show off,
please add your details to the wiki page [2] if you haven't done
already.

I've done a poster [3] as well - please help publicise the event by
distributing copies at your place of work / study / etc. I'm told
there's already been a publicity effort at the University, but some
extra posters can't hurt.

Finally, I'm meeting some people at the University tomorrow (Tuesday)
night to finalise the arrangements there, so feel free to e-mail me with
last-minute suggestions and comments.

S.

[1] http://www.info.rdg.ac.uk/maps/maps-display-wkzoom.asp?zoom=shinfield
[2] http://wiki.earth.li/SCLUGLinuxDay2004