[sclug] Domains, email web hosting

Hamlesh Motah admin at hamlesh.com
Wed Apr 6 13:11:35 UTC 2005

I have been asked to look into Exchange alternatives for clients in the
past, every time none of the open source solutions can rival Exchange.
Most have "buggy issues" and cannot be relied upon in the enterprise
environment at present.  People don't want to be using "plugins" for
outlook to synchronise their contact information.

The only true alternative imo would be to use;

IMAP for email
LDAP for contact information
iCAL for calender exchanges

Still not as "all in one" and integrated into Outlook as Exchange is
(for obvious reasons).

There are hosting companies (not mine) that will happily provide you
space on a hosted Exchange server, if you drop me an email off of the
list I can point you in their direction.

Just my pennies worth.

Hamlesh Motah.