[sclug] Minutes well what I remember anyway

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Apr 14 12:07:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:39:47PM +0100, Daniel Lower wrote:
> - Mutt http://www.mutt.org/ and
> 	- Simon reads his news using threading built in nntp reader
> 	http://audun.ytterdal.net/mutt-nntp.php??

I use the vvv patchset but yes it does look like that is that patch plus
a bit.  The original is at http://mutt.org.ua/download/

> 	- On the move again new versions

The reason it's on teh move is mutt-ng which incorporated a load of
patches.  Has anyone on the list tried it out?

I keep meaning to but er, my spare time is non-existent atm.

> - VIM and perl and packages not been typically complete.

Well Dickon's complaint was that often package managers compile a
package (say vim) against a bunch of other stuff but only provide say
vim with perl support and vim without perl but with gtk support.

(of course why anyone needs gvim when an xterm + vim is lovely is
another argument ;))

> - PIPEX and ludicrous pricing ?450 for 10 mail boxes

Oh yeah.  Chris use us! ;)

Simon.

--
 -+//  "Ahhhh, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Just think how much we  \\+-
-+<<    could make on the Lottery if we had more of it." - Jonathan     >>+-