[sclug] Toy web-server?

Will Dickson wrd at glaurung.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 12:08:26 UTC 2005

Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW I'd go with the Apache solution,  It works straight out the box.
>
> By default it follows syslinks.  It doesn't chroot as such but will only
> serve stuff from DocumentRoot.
>
> So you can get it working in moments.

OK, that worked. It took a little longer than moments, while I threw
away all the extra gubbins thoughtfully added by my distro, but
amazingly painless considering. Thanks, Tom.

> There is Tinyhttpd http://tinyhttpd.sourceforge.net/ may do what you
> want but it's not serious Web Sever.

That would probably have done for my requirements, but they don't have
prerolled distros yet - you have to check it out via anonymous CVS. I
decided not to bother.

Will.