[sclug] Display graphical desktop session of remote machine?

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sun Apr 24 21:20:49 UTC 2005

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Setting up XDMCP on ubuntu is very easy - simply start the gnome 'login screen
> setup' app then click the xdmcp panel, then tick the box to enable xdmcp. On
> your suse box press Ctrl-Alt-F2 and login as a normal user. Now type:

Hmmn, clicking System->Administration->Login Screen Setup tried to start
up the app - something clunked and whirred away on the task bar - but
then it packed up again. Restarted the X server on ubuntu and then it
worked OK (asked me for a login for gdmsetup and ran it). After that it
did what it said on the tin.

> X :1 -query <host ip of your ubuntu box>

> Have fun!

I am! thanks

--
John Stumbles                                      mobile 0780 866 8204
plumbing:heating:electrical:property maintenance     home 0118 954 2406