[sclug] Display graphical desktop session of remote machine?

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Apr 24 09:09:06 UTC 2005

Hi

Setting up XDMCP on ubuntu is very easy - simply start the gnome 'login screen
setup' app then click the xdmcp panel, then tick the box to enable xdmcp. On
your suse box press Ctrl-Alt-F2 and login as a normal user. Now type:

X :1 -query <host ip of your ubuntu box>

Have fun!

Tim

--

Procrastination
"Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now."