[sclug] The SCLUG survey !!!

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Sun Feb 13 15:36:43 UTC 2005

John Stumbles wrote:
> Alan Pearson wrote:
>
>> GRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>> Ok, all fixed now....   didn't seem to get a value from ENV{REMOTE_ADDR}
>> so I've changed it use CGI module.
>>
>> Please try again !!
>> We'll get there in the end !!!
>

> I'm getting:
>
> There was an error:
>
> A vote from your IP address has already been received. Only one vote is
> allowed per IP address.
>
> (I haven't already voted)
>
> It'd be useful for the script to display the IP address it's objecting
> to, but my bet is on it being the NTLworld web cache :-(

Hmmn, not sure about that actually - http://gemal.dk/browserspy/ip.cgi
reports my real IP addy not ntlworld's cache. I think he used to have a
bit about how he got the info his site reports about you but I can't
find it now.

Could it be that your script logged my IP add on my previous attempt to
use it - even though that also gave me the error message so I hadn't
actually voted?

--
John Stumbles                                      mobile 0780 866 8204
plumbing:heating:electrical:property maintenance     home 0118 954 2406