[sclug] The SCLUG survey !!!

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 22:46:33 UTC 2005

I've just tried to fill the survey in and got bounced out because "a
vote from my IP had already been received".  I'm also on NTL and the
script was reporting my transparent proxy's address, not my real IP.
Bypassing this is possible, I understand, but a bit of a hassle.

<ramble>
Regrettably, slashdot's banning processing also uses the proxy IP
meaning every so often I get thrown off /. because of someone else's
actions :(
</ramble>

The browserspy link below reports my real IP - how do they do that?
Unless, Alan, you can do the same may I suggest you either remove the
IP checking or fudge the results to remove any obviously duplicated
votes (not that I'd imagine this poll is at the top of someone's "must
abuse" list..)

Thanks (and thanks for going to the trouble of setting it up in the
first place),
James.