[sclug] The SCLUG survey !!!

Alan Pearson alandpearson at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 23:33:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 22:46, James Wyper wrote:
> I've just tried to fill the survey in and got bounced out because "a
> vote from my IP had already been received".  I'm also on NTL and the
> script was reporting my transparent proxy's address, not my real IP.
> Bypassing this is possible, I understand, but a bit of a hassle.

Ho hum....
If the people who are affected email me the results, I'll include them in the
survey. That way we can be sure it's not being fudged.
At least until I find a proper solution....

> Unless, Alan, you can do the same may I suggest you either remove the
> IP checking or fudge the results to remove any obviously duplicated
> votes (not that I'd imagine this poll is at the top of someone's "must
> abuse" list..)

True, true, but if we go to the hassle of doing something based on this, I'd
like to sure the results are accurate... I don't want someone fudging it just
to get a meeting in Slough (as a yet unamed teenager has been hinting
at !!! :-))) )

> Thanks (and thanks for going to the trouble of setting it up in the
> first place),
> James.

Hey no problem, I orginally allocated 1/2 hour to this, and it's now become a
mini project. I've spoke to the original author who no longer cares too much
about the script, and he agrees to let me release it on sourceforge !!!
It's been fun though, you lot are a hard bunch to please :-)))) !!!

<self promotion>
I've another project up there, specifically for those of us who might be
involved in testing things (spec. software)
http://testmaster.sourceforge.net/
</self promotion>

---
AlanP