[sclug] The SCLUG survey !!!

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Mon Feb 14 23:56:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 23:45:50 +0000, Alan Pearson wrote:
: On Monday 14 February 2005 22:29, John Stumbles wrote:
: > A vote from your IP address (62.253.96.44) has already been received.
: > Only one vote is allowed per IP address. HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR =
: > 81.103.108.67

: Sorted.

: If this doesn't work, please write you votes on a postcard and post to :
: Someone who cares
: Somewhere
: Someplace
: Not here

Mmm.  TTOTD: Don't try and stop ballot-stuffing by that sort of means
(frankly, it's trivial to work around; if you can't find a nice big list
of open proxies to exploit, you're really just not trying hard enough).
Stop it instead by analysing the logs afterwards.

Really.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to constant nagging to change it, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.