[sclug] RE: Introducing a newbie on the list

Douglas Brown Douglas.Brown at uk.com
Fri Jan 14 21:52:22 UTC 2005

Greetings all,

I am Douglas Brown, just joining this list for the first time, and looking
for a good LUG to join.

I'm 51 with teenage kids, and live near Camberley (close to the junction of
the Hants, Berks & Surrey borders). I am an ex-developer, and have been
using Solaris (versions 2.5.1 up to 8) for the last seven years. Although I
got out of development some time ago, and my job strictly does not require
it, I still manage to "keep my hand in" with shell scripting, TCL, and some
PERL.

Due to my location, I appear to have an equal choice of HantsLUG, SLUG, and
SCLUG as my Linux home. So I am being cheeky and saying "Hi" to all three
lists.

Normally, from this point on I would just lurk. However I have an urgent
question to ask, which I'll put in another posting.

-- Douglas Brown