[sclug] Postfix, Amavis and SpamAssassin

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Jul 19 21:47:27 UTC 2005

Ahoy,

I'm having trouble getting Amavis to play nice with SpamAssassin. I've
followed various online documentation, which tend to look at lot like this
one:
http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/#id2515554

What I want is to get the X-Spam-Status header into all emails, and obvious
spam to be marked and filtered. At the moment, amavis is inserting an
X-Virus-Scanned header [1]; looking through the mail logs it appears to do a
spam scan [2]; the Amavis config file is set-up to add the header at any spam
level [3].

But no X-Spam-Status header ever appears. Can anyone suggest a remedy? I can
provide full config files upon request, but don't want to flood the list with
a huge email now...

Regards,
Tom

[1] e.g.:

[2] e.g.:
Jul 19 22:39:28 acrewoods amavis[8736]: (08736-01) spam_scan: hits=-2.24
tests=AWL,BAYES_00

[3] I have:
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999;
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.3;
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 999;

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,
please e-mail me at: telex4 at yahoo.com