[sclug] URL filtering by group of IP Address

Navneet Choudhary navneetkc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 10:10:37 UTC 2005

On 6/1/05, Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wouldn't post something like that to so many lists in the same email.
> You've probably already had a reply from the Squid list - however, if not,

Well, thanks for being true to your heart.

Still waiting for squid list to reply.
Note: I don't post mail to numerous lists in the same mail. This
happened intensely; since I could not able to figure out how implement
acls as per my requirement. Neither did my search yield results nor
mailing list replied with any workable solution.

> here's some help...
>
> The http_access lines are processed in order (from top to bottom):

yes, i know this. but, having problems with my acls placements

>    http_access <action> <clause1> [<clause2> ...]
>
> When a line is found where all the clauses match (e.g. the client IP
> address part matches, the requested URI matches, etc.), the action is
> taken and the list is stopped; the order is important.
>
> You probably want:
>
>    http_access allow PWR-NET        # first allow all power users
>    http_access deny porn NetUser    # now block porn to other users
>    http_access allow NetUser        # ... allow them to other sites
>    http_access deny all             # but block anyone else on the internet

you are accurate about your suggestion!.
But, i think you have missed/forgotten that porn[Line no 34] is denied
beforehand of above http_access rules.

Thatswhy,when i tried above acl & re-started squid.Squid still blocked
every IP Addressess (including PWR-NET IP)?.

So, after numerous attempt to place "http_access  deny porn"

Here is the working rules:

1 acl porn url_regex -i "/usr/local/squidGuard/porn"
      2 acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
      3 acl manager proto cache_object
      4 acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
      5 acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
      6 acl SSL_ports port 443 563
      7 acl Safe_ports port 80          # http
      8 acl Safe_ports port 21          # ftp
      9 acl Safe_ports port 443 563     # https, snews
     10 acl Safe_ports port 70          # gopher
     11 acl Safe_ports port 210         # wais
     12 acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535  # unregistered ports
     13 acl Safe_ports port 280         # http-mgmt
     14 acl Safe_ports port 488         # gss-http
     15 acl Safe_ports port 591         # filemaker
     16 acl Safe_ports port 777         # multiling http
     17 acl CONNECT method CONNECT
     18
     19 #AUTHENTION REQUIRED
     20 acl auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
     21
     22 http_access allow manager localhost
     23 http_access deny manager
     24 # Deny requests to unknown ports
     25 http_access deny !Safe_ports
     26 # Deny CONNECT to other than SSL ports
     27 http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
     28
     29 # one who can access services on "localhost" is a local user
     30 http_access deny to_localhost
     31
     32
     33 acl NetUser src 192.168.0.0/16
34 #acl sucker src 192.168.0.139 192.168.0.161 192.168.0.153
     35 acl test src 192.168.0.151   192.168.0.139 192.168.0.161 192.168.0.153
     36 acl data src 192.168.0.242
     37 #acl 5CONN maxconn 3
     38
     39 #Un-RE-RESTRICTED INTERNET USERS
     40 acl PWR-NET src 192.168.0.197 192.168.0.54
     41
     42
     43 http_access deny test
     44 http_access allow data auth
     45
     46
     47
     48 http_access allow PWR-NET
     49
     50 http_access  deny porn
     51 http_access deny porn NetUser
     52
     53 http_access deny all

Still, i have lots to learn from you all.Thanks for being there when i
really wanted some one to help me out.

Well, thanks you all (who knowingly or unknowligly helped me.Since, my
 stupid mail have cluttered their inbox.But, they didn't flamed me).

 Regards,
navneet