[sclug] Problem with postfix & maildrop

Roland Turner SCLUG raz.fpyht.bet.hx at raz.cx
Sat Jun 4 07:00:33 UTC 2005

Tom Chance wrote:

> I don't have it aliased, no. How should I go about setting this up?

I don't use postfix, but if it behaves like most other MTAs, a line like:

   root: raz

in /etc/aliases will do the job. (Substitute your own local user account,
naturally.) Any postfix users on the list care to confirm/deny?

> So it should be fine to leave it as '-r-x-r-x---'?

It should be fine to (and you should) put it back however it was. If you
didn't make note of it before changing it, then short of reinstalling it,
your best bet is to find out what the normal installed mode is and set it
to that (e.g. tell the list which distribution you use; perhaps someone
else uses the same distribution and postfix and can check for you).

- Raz