[sclug] Problem with postfix & maildrop

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Sat Jun 4 07:31:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 08:00 +0100, Roland Turner (SCLUG) wrote:

> I don't use postfix, but if it behaves like most other MTAs, a line like:
>

>    root: raz
>

> in /etc/aliases will do the job. (Substitute your own local user account,
> naturally.) Any postfix users on the list care to confirm/deny?

the location of the aliases file is determined in /etc/postfix/main.cf
Mine is /etc/mail/aliases but I think this may be gentoo specific rather
than a postfix default.

darren at bacall darren $ grep ^alias_database /etc/postfix/main.cf
alias_database = hash:/etc/mail/aliases

also, man newaliases

Regards,
--