[sclug] Problem with postfix & maildrop

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Sat Jun 4 10:56:09 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 09:56 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:

> That's not strictly correct, although it often will give the correct
> answer. alias_database points to the binary form of the database,
> normally generated by the 'newaliases' command. The file pointed to
by
> 'alias_maps' is the input to that command, and is the file that
should
> be edited.

hmm.  on my machine at least..

darren at bacall darren $ grep ^alias_maps /etc/postfix/main.cf
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases

bacall root # postconf -d | grep alias_maps
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, nis:mail.aliases
local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination
$virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps
$virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains
$canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps
$relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks
virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
virtual_alias_maps = $virtual_maps

Postfix is certainly working in terms of correct delivery to aliases.
Does my config look wrong or just unusual do you think?

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xDD356B0D