[sclug] Jamies Learning Workshop

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Sat Jun 11 11:38:16 UTC 2005

>Jamies Computer Club in Southampton regularly have this sort of equipment
>for sale for just a few quid with the money going to a good cause.
>
>http://www.jamiescomputerclub.org.uk/sales/index.shtml
>
>I sometimes think that half the HantsLUG runs on kit from Jamies while
>the other half donated it.

Actually I see that their (Jamies') Learning Workshop  doesn't seem to
offer training on other than MS products (Word, IE etc).
Can we not encourage them to offer opensource alternatives? Given that
their target market is the less well off, it would seem ideal that they
be introduced to the world of free software.

Just a thought.

Neil.