[sclug] X-10

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Fri Jun 24 19:17:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 09:22 +0100, James Fidell wrote:
> Quoting Tom Dawes-Gamble (tmdg at weardale.cl):
>
> > I have quite a lot of X-10 stuff (unfortunately).
> >
> > The X-10 units in this country have a number of (IMHO) design faults.
>
> My understanding is that there are extensions to the X10 protocol that
> address some (though not all) of these problems, either directly, or by
> allowing software to integrate a little better with the X10 units, so
> buying hardware that supports those extensions helps.

Yes there are some units that will allow you to query them for status
etc.  The DIN rail units seem like a good idea but they need you to
rewire since they don't work on a ring main.

You can do most of what you want but you have to be creative and
disciplined.

Tom.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.