[sclug] X-10

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Thu Jun 23 08:48:42 UTC 2005

Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have quite a lot of X-10 stuff (unfortunately).
>
> The X-10 units in this country have a number of (IMHO) design faults.

> The Lamp controllers come on Fully Bright.
> There is no way with any software to know what level a light is.

IIRC from when I used to lurk on comp.home-automation(?) these are
inherent limitations in the X-10 system itself.

There's a startup called n-Sine (located in Apex plaza when I visited
them a few years ago) doing something a lot more technically
sophisticated with power-line signalling (c. 1.5mbits/sec IIRC) but
unfortunately not producing anything in the consumer market.

--
John Stumbles