[sclug] Thanks for the demonstrations

Simon Heywood simon at triv.org.uk
Fri Mar 4 17:12:38 UTC 2005

On Fri,  4 Mar 2005 at 09:41:38 +0000, Tom Chance wrote:
> Thanks to Alan, his wife, Simon and Leon (?) who came down to the
> Remix Reading launch event to demonstrate some free / Open Source
> software. It was really good of them to sit in amongst drumming
> workshops and other arty goings on, and we got some good feedback from
> a few journalists who I spoke to afterwards.

It's true that there's a certain comic element to running a software
demo in the same room as an African drum workshop, but I did manage to
dispose of an impressively large stack of discs containing the latest
version of TheOpenCD.

Thank you for organizing the event in the first place; you get better
venues than us....

In case anyone else is interested, I'm thinking of turning up to this
event in Bristol on 20th August:

http://www.fave.org.uk/

S.