[sclug] For wednesdays meeting

Graham Swallow lists at Information-Cascade.co.uk
Sat Mar 5 16:51:23 UTC 2005

Two slightly off-topic things:

(1) SUN have an almost unlimited download of solaris-10 (sparc or x86)

	http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp

I have a 2.5G DVD, which you can use to save the bandwidth,
provided you register it on their site. Bring a laptop, (or an SAE)
(The checksums are correct, but it doesnt boot on the plain-pc I tried.
I'll try on another PC, and also the boot-dev-floppy, but not this week)

(2) I'm having trouble with a bit of CSS/HTML, which someone would
probably know off-hand. I'm using CSS to colour alternate rows in a table,
but I'd like the mouse to highlight its row. This works:

 HTML:
	<TR class="ODD"
		onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#808080'"
		onMouseOut=...

 CSS:
	TR.ODD {  background: #C0F090; }
	TR.EVEN {  background: #C0C0C0; }
	TR.CURR { ... }

but I want all colours to be in the CSS file. Something like: (These DONT work)

 HTML:
	<TR class="ODD" onMouseOver="this.styleclass='CURR'">

or better, with something in the CSS file

 HTML:
	<TR class="ODD">
 CSS:
	TR.ODD {
		background: #C0F090;
		onmouseover: "this.style.backgroundColor='#808080'"
		onclick: ...
	}

So, how can I change the CLASS of an item in javascript/DOM,
or react to mouseover from CSS and change background colour?

--
   Graham
   gps @ Information-Cascade .co.uk