[sclug] Is it a scam?

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 16:37:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tom Dawes-Gamble wrote:

> Well My response would be "what DTI Regurations?" When I purchased my
> house the Estate agent said they had to check my Identity to prevent
> money Laundering.  I just ignored them,  Never did show them the stuff
> but I was still able to buy the house.  Mind you The Solicitor and Bank
> wanted to see the ID too and I had to show them.

<politics>

More scare-mongering post-9/11 legislation. I got a bunch of stuff about it
addressed to me as director of Assursys.

</politics>

> Tom.

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?