[sclug] MP3 Ogg and ID3 Tags

Jonathan Leighton turnip at turnipspatch.com
Sat Mar 19 13:09:43 UTC 2005

I use amaroK (http://amarok.kde.org/) as my media player. It has good
collection/playlist capabilities and you can edit tags too. If you get
it, set up your collection and then select the "All collection" smart
playlist. Then select the tracks you want to edit and right click in the
column that needs editing to edit more than one at a time. You can also
fill in tags with MusicBrainz if you have the correct libraries (but
only one of the time, and in my experience MusicBrainz is often wrong).

Hope that helps,
Jon

Scott Rixon wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> Long time since I have posted.. But I have an interesting thought
> (well I think so)
>
> I have a massive amount of music kicking around my hard disks. Some of
> which are MP3 some of the more recent stuff is Ogg.
>
> The early MP3 stuff doesn't have the correct (any) ID3 tags. Which is
> incredibly annoying!
>
> What I want do do is catalogue the entire collection. Then go through
> and put in the ID3 tags for the ones that are missing. I then can
> search and play the one I want.
>
> Any thoughts on the best way? I don't even know if you can edit the
> ID3 tags?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Jonathan Leighton aka. Turnip