[sclug] MP3 Ogg and ID3 Tags

Scott Rixon scott at green-flag.com
Sat Mar 19 12:55:05 UTC 2005

Hi all...

Long time since I have posted.. But I have an interesting thought (well
I think so)

I have a massive amount of music kicking around my hard disks. Some of
which are MP3 some of the more recent stuff is Ogg.

The early MP3 stuff doesn't have the correct (any) ID3 tags. Which is
incredibly annoying!

What I want do do is catalogue the entire collection. Then go through
and put in the ID3 tags for the ones that are missing. I then can search
and play the one I want.

Any thoughts on the best way? I don't even know if you can edit the ID3
tags?

Thanks,

Scott