[sclug] Re: Helping others into FOSS/Linux (Dr Adam J Trickett)

Dr Adam J Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Tue May 3 12:24:49 UTC 2005

Tim,

On Sun, 01 May 2005 at 08:28:23PM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Apple PoserBook [sic] running kubuntu I could show.
>
> And would be happy to help installing kubuntu on peoples pc's.
>
> There is a place down the road from me (The New Hope Center) in central
> Reading that hires rooms out ... I could investigate if the location sounded
> suitable....

Could prove useful. At the moment I'm trying to figure out what our options
are, so we don't need to do anything now, but it looks like people are keen to
help.

> I agree a pub is not the best setting for Linux infromation exchange - my
> brain does not function well in a noisy smokey environment....

Quite. Pubs are okay for beer, not for installing Linux onto a donated PC...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

In the field of observation, chance favours only the
prepared minds.
	-- Louis Pasteur