[sclug] Fedora Core 2-Modules loading problem + Unsuppoted Chipset

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Wed May 4 12:16:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Navneet Choudhary wrote:

> On 5/2/05, Alex Butcher <lug at assursys.co.uk> wrote:
>> Does FC2 not have /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config like FC3?
>>
>> I skipped FC2, so I don't know whether it's there, but if it is, using this
>> is a far cleaner way of loading the netfilter helper modules.
>
> Still can't able to load modules using /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
>
> all modules are present (ip_nat_ftp,ip_conntrack_ftp)
>
> slocate cache database being updated (using updatedb)
>
> [root at matrix root]# uname -a
> Linux matrix 2.6.10-1.771_FC2smp #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 01:10:51 EST 2005
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>

> # Load additional iptables modules (nat helpers)
> #   Default: -none-
> # Space separated list of nat helpers (e.g. 'ip_nat_ftp ip_nat_irc'), which
> # are loaded after the firewall rules are applied. Options for the helpers are
> # stored in /etc/modules.conf.
> #IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_nat_ftp ip_conntrack_ftp"

That's because you've left that line commented out.

The config files under /etc/sysconfig on RH and FC aren't anything magic;
they're just shell scripts (that get read using . aka 'source' - see
bash(1)) defining a bunch of shell environment variables.

> navneet

Best Regards,
Alex. (P.S. ObSelectiveQuotingRant)
--
Alex Butcher      Brainbench MVP for Internet Security: www.brainbench.com
Bristol, UK                      Need reliable and secure network systems?