[sclug] An introduction and some questions

James Fidell james at cloud9.co.uk
Wed May 11 22:13:25 UTC 2005

Quoting Alan Hawes (alan at haweshouse.co.uk):

> My question is, has anyone had good results from using NVIDIA and their
> proprietary drivers?

I've had no problems using the Nvidia drivers with the GF2 card in my
mythtv box.  I believe it's correct however that not all possible
features work correctly -- I'm sure I've seen people posting on the
mythtv list saying that certain X11 options have to be disabled if you're
using the Nvidia drivers.  I'm also fairly certain that not all features
are supported on older cards (eg. It used to be possible to set the
amount of overscan on TV-out on my card.  In later drivers the way that
worked changed, and overscan is no longer supported for my card.)

James