[sclug] NVidia and Mandriva

Neil Haughton n.a.haughton at bigfoot.com
Thu May 12 17:59:57 UTC 2005

>Hi all
>
>Firstly, I feel an introduction is in order.

Nice to meet you!

>My question is, has anyone had good results from using NVIDIA and their
>proprietary drivers?

I've recently been through the mill installing the nvidia drivers (off
their website) on my Mandriva LE2005 system. It's quite straight forward
once the necessary libraries have been installed from the Mandriva CDs
and the kernel module can compile, but there are a few things you need
to do that the instructions don't mention. If you visit here
<http://forum.mandrivaclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=36097&sid=7d58d4518f3246e52bfff80bdad51a5c>
you can read all the bits that the nvidia documentation has left out. So
far I've had no problems running it (I have a GeForce4 MX440 card).

Good Luck!

Neil.