[sclug] An introduction and some questions

Taiyo Rawle taiyo_rawle at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 12 19:24:03 UTC 2005

--- Scott Rixon <Scott at Green-Flag.com> wrote:

> | I had issues installing them Debian but that was
> many years ago now.
> |
> | Not had chance to try gaming under Linux with them
> but I had a friend
> | who ran Counter Strike very nicely under
> Transgaming`s WINE, not with
> | Nvidia though...
> |
> <snip>
>
> Being using Nvidia cards for years.. Played UT on a
> Gefore4 and CS. All
> with Debian..
>
> Currently only game in 2000. It is a lot of hassle.
> I also play Nascar
> 2003 which I haven't seen anything about in Linux.
>
> Scott

All native Linux games have worked fine so far in
Mandriva LE2005 and Mandrake 10.1 using NVidia. Played
demo versions of UT2K3, UT2K4, Doom3 and rune so far.
GeForce3 Ti200 card.

The only issue I've had is with the NVidia proprietary
drivers; there was a bug in the kernel interface
source that prevented it from compiling should you
have to, the fix was a simple one-line edit. I think
that's all been straightened out in the latest driver
release  though.