[sclug] USB cable prices

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Fri May 20 17:16:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:27:04PM +0100, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Only problem I've had with mail order for this sort of stuff is that
> there often a minimum order size or P&P to pay.  A 30p cable with five
> pounds post and packing is almost back up to high street prices.
[..]
> I do have one USB cable that cost me a tenner but thats 5m long with an
> active repeater (hub) built into the end.

Try http://www.directusbstore.co.uk/

I used them to buy their ?11 USB <-> serial port adaptor which works
fine in linux 2.6.recent (cypress_m8 driver) and they threw in a small 4
port hub for a couple of quid and didn't charge for shipping.

Turned up the next day too.  YMMV.

Simon.

--
 -+//                  'Une pause s'impose' -- Gianny                  \\+-